[pure-silver] Re: Censorship

  • From: Ray Rogers <earthsoda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 11:41:34 -0800 (PST)

I think most people, perhaps the audience not
artists?, see photographs as real...

but when one sees most paintings, there is less
reality to them in general...

Even if you know there was a real model in the
painters studio, until digital, a photographer had to
actually have a naked woman in front of him, but not
necessarily the painter.... the nude in most paintings
are somehow less -in your face- than photograps

Not that it makes it OK, but this is behind the
problem... photography still does not get much
respect!

Is this the fault of the artist, the society, or the
medium?

Too sleepeey to think deeply.

Ray