[pure-silver] Re: Battery for Mamiyaflex Porrofinder CdS

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 13:20:34 -0800

I answered my own question. A google search found many sources of information on mercury pollution. One listing the top five sources is at:
http://www.rodalewellness.com/health/mercury-pollution-and-exposure

As I thought coal burning power plants account for the largest share. I found some sites with articles about mercury batteries:
http://www.frost.com/sublib/display-market-insight-top.do?id=20759887

 Also, this has some statistics on sources.
http://www.env-health.org/IMG/pdf/mercury_chapter2.pdf

It would appear that if a workable recycling program was in existence mercury batteries could be used without contributing to pollution. Such a program might be possible in industry but I think most individuals would just not bother.

Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
WB6KBL