[pure-silver] Re: B&W Films

  • From: "J. Lehmus" <jlehmus@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:18:37 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Ole Tjugen wrote:

Foma is Hungarian.

I've used quite a lot of Fomapan 400 in 135 size. I've developed it in XTOL stock strength and like the tonality and general look of it - even so much that once when out of Fomapan and had to buy Tri-X instead, I was appalled at the grainy and contrasty look of the negs! The real speed of Fomapan 400 is around 200 ASA, so I'm usually giving one or two stops of overexposure.

Cheers,
Jukka