[pure-silver] Re: B&W Films

  • From: "Ole Tjugen" <ole@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:55:28 +0100

Forte is gone - only old stock left.

The AstraEDU is EFKE, which is also sold as ADOX - all made by the Czech "Fotokemika". EFKE is the "real name", the others are relabelings.

Foma is Hungarian.

All these are "traditional films", in that they don't have "designer grains" like TMax and Ilford Delta films.

--

Ole Tjugen

På Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:41:27 +0100, skrev İbrahim Pamuk <ibrahim.pamuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi to everyone,

I still like to work with B&W films. I believe this will go on till I cannot find any B&W film. I like to work with HIE, so it’s out of production now. I have a stock to last somewhat 2 years. Then I do not know.

Well it was time for me to order Tri-X and TMax-100/400. I understood that their import version is not available anyone. That means twice the price. No way, I will order. During this time, I have seen film like AstraEDU (Czech), Foma, EFKE and Forte. I know Forte, but do not know the others. Can anyone comment one these films if they used? The strong alternative to Kodak is the Ilford films at the moment.

Best Regards

Ibrahim Pamuk