[pure-silver] Re: Aha! Scan This....

  • From: "Stein" <rstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 19:11:35 +0900

Dear Richard,

In my previous, pre-pure silver days, I dabbled in hand artillery. I have a sparkling memory of a modern reproduction of an 1842 horse pistol issued to American cavalry troopers. It was a caplock .58 muzzle loader with a three-groove barrel that would shoot out a Minie ball.

I tried it with target loads all the way up to a service charge and concluded that it was the ultimate man stopper - provided the man you wished to stop was no further than a foot from the muzzle. It would have been fun at parties and an ideal wedding present.

I have always been in favour of the revolver as a crime weapon as it takes the spent cartridges away with it instead of leaving them for the CIB to work on. Even better...a shot gun, but these are hard to pack in a lunch box if you want to leave room for a sandwich and a piece of fruit*.

   Uncle Dick

* Plums are cheap just now.