[pure-silver] Re: Agfa APX 100

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 18:31:32 -0700

My favorite film is APX-100. When they stopped making it, I bought 100 boxes of it (4x5, 25 sheets/box) so I have a healthy supply. Likewise, I bought 200 rolls of 120 APX-100, 100 rolls of APX-25 in 120 & 35mm. I just like Agfa APX film.

Another film that I like a lot is Ilford FP4. I ran zone tests on it for use in a Catechol developer (mainly for my workshop students). The results are outstanding!

On Mar 26, 2008, at 4:16 PM, Richard Floyd wrote:

I am down to my last roll of APX-100.
I sure am going to miss this film. It has been a favorite of mine for years, specially when developed in D-23 with a Borax after bath.

I have tried Ilford Delta-100, Arista, Fuji Across, and T-Max 100. None of them are the same, to me, as the old APX-100. APX just fit for me, and could count on it every time.

Anyone have any suggestions?