[pure-silver] Re: Adding Sodium Sulfite to Sodium Thiosufale.

  • From: Bob Younger <ryounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 06:28:11 -0700

Michael,
I've been using a water stop bath with Amidol. I agitate constantly in the
stop for 30 secs, then transfer to an alkaline fixer, with no hardener.
Admittedly, since my test prints are done exactly as my final prints, if
development is continuing at some reduced rate in the water stop bath then
I'm just taking that development into account in my end-to-end process. If I
use a water-bath development to adjust the contrast slightly, with no
agitation, then development certainly continues (at least that's what I plan
on). Are there some adverse effects of using the water stop bath I should be
aware of, on the lookout for?
Thanks,
Bob Younger