[pure-silver] Re: AW: Re: Teltenal film processor

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <Laurence.Cuffe@xxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 21:10:21 +0000 (GMT)

Ok after my account of my first disastrous attempts with the tetenal
(aka durst filmetta) film processor its probably a good idea to give
you a more sober assessment.  My choice was between this piece of kit
and a well used ATL 1000 with some of its drums missing.  In contrast
to the ATL
this machine does not need to be plumbed into the wall and programing
it seems relatively straight forward. It was also half the price.
I partially disassembled the machine, and found out that the source of
my problems was a safety system inside whereby as liquids are pumped
out of the machine they pass out of a spout into a cup before entering
the respective drain hoses.  In my case I had led the drain hoses
around the back of the machine to the sink and one or more of them had
been raised higher than the rim of this cup and had overflowed
internally into the machine base and had drained off through there.
I've rum four runs of plain water through the machine with no leakage
problems since.
On another note I reexamined the agfa 40 super 8 film and in fact there
are some sections with positive black and white images so my conclusion
was a bit hasty there, and I should amend it to "there is a possibility
that AGFA 40 can be processed in BW reversal chemistry" Due to the
interrupted sequence of work with the machine I cannot be specific on
times or temperatures.
Once more thanks to all for the advice.
All the best
Larry Cuffe
p.s. I now have an in date E6 kit (500ml for ~= $25) and will try it
out over the weekend on fresh current E6 type emulsions and see how we
do:- but as this time I expect more than just BW images it will
probably be off topic for this list.