[pure-silver] Re: 60mm WA Enlarging lens with an Omega B8?

  • From: Tim Daneliuk <tundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 16:53:40 -0500

On 10/04/2012 04:38 PM, Marvin wrote:
Thanks. The 60 mm WA lens I'm considering are made for 6 X 6, so that's not a
worry. I WAS wondering if I should use the 50 mm supplimentary  condenser and
if THAT would cover medium forma? If not and I just use the basic  condenser,
will that give even illumination? I think B8s, like non-variable condenser B2s,
require a closed match between lenses and condensers that most other condensed
enlargers.

I have no idea, but I suspect you'd use the condenser setup ordinarily
prescribed for 6x6.  I've not seen a case where the condenser had
to be matched to the lens, but then again, I've used diffuse light
for so long, I forgot anything I ever knew about condensers...