[pure-silver] Re: 60mm WA Enlarging lens with an Omega B8?

  • From: Tim Daneliuk <tundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 12:40:50 -0500

On 10/04/2012 12:35 PM, Marvin wrote:
Is it possible to use a 60 mm wide angle enlarging lens to print 2-1/4 X 2-1/4
negatives with my Omega B8 enlarger? I'd like to print 16 X 20s and my 80 mm
lens will barely let me do so, with no room for cropping (other than making the
square negative into a horizontal or vertical).

If it can be used, would I use the flat lens board, intended for a 50 mm lens,
or a lens cone (and, if so what size cone)? Would I use the supplementary
condenser intended for a 50 mm lens (and would that condenser cover the larger
negative) or just the normal two condensers?

Bob Marvin

I'm not sure, but there are two issues here you'll have to figure out:

- Can the 60mm cover the 6x6 neg size?

- Can the belows be racked in enough to focus this lens.  I expect this
  should be no problem because you can use a 50mm lens on that enlarger.