Re: need some help

  • From: Penny Golden <goldpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 09:55:48 -0500

Bill, Do you have a card in the right side of your ptr1? A storage card? If you do, could you back up your disk to the card and then re-record it to another disk? I myself have had something of a limited success trying to make CD's. Many times they work; but not always. Another thing one might try is to copy the disk using the computer and then doing the finalization on the computer. Just a couple of ideas, but maybe not from the most knowledgeable source.
Perhaps others will jump in with better suggestions.
Best,
Penny
goldpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 08:14 AM 5/27/2006, you wrote:

Dear List,

I have made a recording on my ptr1 from a cassette. It plays fine on the ptr1, but I want it to play on other CD players, and it won't. I may have done something wrong in the finalization, but I don't know what. It asked in one option if I wanted to do something for other disks, (I don't remember exactly what) and I hit enter; it said this would take several minutes. I waited a good hour, but it still wouldn't play on another player. Now, as I said, it plays fine on the ptr1, but I notice now that it says unable to finalize this disk. I may have done that somewhere along the way when I previously tried to finalize it and entered on close this disk. I did that thinking it was the right thing to do, not knowing any better, but now maybe I can't do anything to repair that mistake. I'm hoping I can, though. Maybe one of you can give me some much needed help!

Bill Benson
e-mail: billben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx?^j÷­?éb²Ö­j|­?g©?æ¬{ âµëh¦ÚõºÇ«²·ª¹ë-~·?­+-²?àÂ+aº{.nÇ+?·©¶½n±êì?{azË??ç-¢»ayºÉ8^­+-???¥¨?Æ­?Ûiÿü0ÁúÞzX¬¶Ê+?ùb²ß鶽n±êì