Re: editing a CD in the plex and converting it to mp3

  • From: Dean Martineau <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 21:43:48 -0700

This may not be totally responsive, but here's what I've figured out so far.

Make a recording, save it to flash, and load it into the PTS program, perhaps after having saved it to the hard drive. Once the file is fixed, assuming you recorded the file in mp3, you will have a series of mp3 files in the folder.

this part requires a small amount of computer competence. Assuming you're running windows xp, from the start menu, type run, then in that dialog, type cmd and hit enter.

this puts you on the command line. the trick is to save the folder of mp3 files so you know where they are and can navigate there using the cd command. The easiest thing to do is to put them into the root folder, then type the three characters cd\ to navigate there. Then use the cd command to navigate into the folder containing all the mp3 files. We'll assume the files are all prefixed with the prefix a00000, then a number. then the extension .mp3.

Once there, type this command:

copy /b *.mp3 goodname.mp3, where you can obviously use your own name for goodname. this will create one mp3 file with your file from the PTR.

I don't think there's a much easier way to achieve this, so I hope this is helpful.

Dean