Re: editing a CD in the plex

  • From: Penny Golden <goldpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 21:36:28 -0500

Michael, I do not think I fully understand.
At 10:41 AM 5/28/2006, you wrote:
Penny,

you can indeed edit a CD on the Plextalk, it doesn't matter, whether
it'S a CD-R or a CD-RW, that's one of the outstanding Plextalk features.
As you correctly state, one cannot erase stuff on a CD-R and one can
only delete a complete CD-RW, no partial erases are possible. So how can
one remove errors, overwrite mistakes and so on? The Plextalk uses the
multisession technique for that. Whenever one modifies the structure of
a DAISY title on a CD, new versions of the DAISY index files are written
to the CD. The files are firstly modified in the Plextalk memory and if
one turns the unit off or selects "save edited information" in the edit
menu, the new index files are written to the CD.

   <*** Michael Lang ***>