RE: Recording on to PTR 1

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 09:49:11 +0100

Hi Vicky,

It's been some time since I used a Plextalk PTR1 so please forgive me if I
get this wrong.

However, before saying anything, can I ask you to clarify what hardware and
software you have.  You say you have a PTR1 and you also mention using a
card.  From this, I'm assuming that you have the card adaptor and a suitable
card that works with the PTR1.  Is this correct?

Also, can you clarify whether you want the final CD to be a standard music
CD for playback on regular CD players or do you intend it to be played on a
DAISY compatible CD device like the PTR1 etc.

Finally, can you confirm if you have the Plextalk Recording Software that
should have come with your PTR1.  I ask this because this would give you
some additional options in preparing your final CD, though it would mean a
bit of a learning curve first of all.

If you can come back to me with this information, hopefully I can offer you
some suggestions of how to proceed.

Cheers,

Jamie