[pskmail] Re: fldigi lockups?

  • From: Remi Chateauneu <remi.chateauneu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:34:13 +0000

There might be a simple reason, because although dome problems
happened to me under special circumstances (Heavy debug-related IOs,
Restarting a new fldigi session when the previous one is not
completely halted.), the rest of the time, it's very stable, even when
running the same process for days! And really, I cannot see why it
should be necessary to reinstall Linux !!

Could a Linux user please generate a core dump when fldigi is stuck ?
Please follow these instructions:
( http://stackoverflow.com/questions/680627/creating-core-dumps-on-linux ):
* Ensure that the content of /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern is chmod ugo+rwx
* kill -ABRT 'fldigi process'
* Then please make available the core file and your fldigi prog.

Thanks in advance.