[pskmail] Re: fldigi lockups?

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 13:02:18 +0100 (CET)

I am almost sure the fldigi problem is due to improper handling of
exceptions in the area of the arq socket, the rig control socket, and  the
sound driver. Unfortunately I am not a C++ programmer...

I always get the freeze after a timeout of the software PTT command from rig
control, or after
a timeout of the sound driver on the IC7200.

Strangely enough, its the thread doing the X display that freezes, all other
threads
seem to be  running...

I should like to get into a situation where we are able to repair the stuff
ourselves,
and not be reliant on other people.

Unfortunately I still have an intermittent problem with the THOR modems in
jPSKmail version 2.
After that is solved we could think about an integrated solution for the
client, and a
separate java modem for the server..

I am OK with a skype session from here, just bought a wifi ticket for the next
4 weeks :-)

Fixing some more bugs in jPSkmail 1.5.5 at the moment, during the few hours a
day we don't have
the sunshine...

73,

Rein EA/PA0R/M