[pskmail] Success

  • From: Stephen Rector <stefano@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 23:20:23 -0700

Per:

I proceeded on the assumption that something in the PuppyLinux distro from
http://pskmail.org/Puppy.html wasn’t correct for the POP3Client perlscript. So
I followed the procedure for installing the relevant perl modules described
under Ubuntu 7.0, step 11, at http://pskmail.wikispaces.com/Server . After
doing this, I ran poptest and got my email headers.

That was the last hurdle to bringing a server up. Shortly I’ll check email from
the client side rf-linked. If all goes well I’ll bring up the server tomorrow
night - probably 20 meters for now. Presently I only have one station antenna -
I have a wire antenna / balun ready to put up for the server when I get some
time - possibly this weekend. At that point, I could switch the server to 30m.

Thanks Per. Be aware that the Puppy Linux distro at pskmail.org, while it has
the perl directories, does not have them pre-configured. The terminal commands
in Step 11 above, are requires to get a working POP3Client.

Steve NU7B  :-D