[pskmail] Stuck trying to debug pop access to gmail

  • From: Stephen Rector <stefano@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 14:20:01 -0700

PSKmail folks:

I’m stuck for the past week trying to debug a problem getting pop email from
gmail. My gmail is enabled for pop, and I can send emails out through its smtp
when I connect to my test pskmail server (Puppy Linux). But I always get the
message on connecting:  "Failed to get your email, pse upload correct email
settings.”  When I issue QTC from the client, the server response is "No mail"

I've tried to set debugmail and monitor mode in rflinkserver.pl, but it seems
to have no effect. I've even looked at the raw packets coming in and out of the
server with wireshark - it does initiate a TCP IP connection with the gmail pop
server, but it does not seem to go beyond a certain point. I see one line which
is labeled "alarm," - (i did not preserve the logfile for the complete name for
that packet.)

Does PSKmail 1.5.29 support pop through gmail, now that it requires strict SSL
certificate? My understanding is that the client only needs the server's
(gmail's) cert..

Steve NU7B