[pskmail] Re: Stuck trying to debug pop access to gmail

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 07:06:32 +0200

Hi,

You can always find the source at subversion, there is a web interface
to that here: http://www.crusefalk.se/websvn/
The file is within jpskmail/trunk/pskmailutils and I hope this direct
link will work:
http://www.crusefalk.se/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=jPSKmail&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fpskmailutils%2Fpoptest.pl

73, Per
sm0rwo

Stephen Rector skrev 2014-06-16 02:31:
> Thank You Pär:
>
> I’ll try poptest.pl as soon as I can find it. The only link I can find
that hosts it is your own website, and that link is stale. I cant find
it on the wiki anywhere. Can you send it or point me to it?

> Also, I changed my pop server to yahoo.com to see if that pop account
behaved differently. I get the same behavior - smtp connection allows
outgoing mail, and incoming mail yields “No mail”, with the initial
connection asking for an updated email setting. When I updated the email
to the new account, one of the scripts threw several errors (before the
update was acknowledged as valid), but I don’t see these in the pskmail
server log. Is there another log somewhere I can check, related to pop?

> Thanks,
>
> Steve NU7B
>

> On Jun 15, 2014, at 12:34 PM, Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi Steve,
>>
>> I just tried poptest.pl to get my pop email from gmail and it worked
fine. Poptest.pl contains the same method that is in the server, I just
moved it to a test script before to make it easier to test it.
>> If you could try that script then you could make sure your gmail pop
settings are ok before you have to debug anything. Mail in pskmail is
handled by the pskmail server, your client send the details to the
server that gets the mail for you. That means its the server that has to
worry about ssl to the gmail pop servers. jPSKmail does not have to
worry about any certificates, it just send the details to the server
that gets your mail. This approach makes sense in many ways, not least
in that we avoid encryption over the air. That is unfortunately not
allowed in most countries (it's fine here in Sweden btw). So, yes,
jPSKmail 1.5.29 does support pop from gmail.