[pskmail] Server Mode Negotiation

  • From: Stu2 <stu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 18:48:11 -0400

Is there a way to configure the server to stop negotiating different modes and baud rates with the client? For example, I would like to lock the server to PSK500R and only allow clients to connect with that particular mode. If the server or client miss the TXID (or whatever the speed flag is), then things get out of sync and the connection can't recover.

I would like to use a single mode to eliminate some of the variables and explore the other features of pskmail. Unfortunately, it's hard for me to develop a solid link. I may even have a radio problem, but I can't tell.

Version 1.4.12 seemed to help, but it immediately starts out with an asymmetrical mode configuration. Same problem. A missed mode ID means things get out of sync. If the client can connect at one mode, then the entire communication should support the mode.

Thanks.

Stu
W7IY
NNN0EMG