[pskmail] Re: Server KB2PNM in scanning mode

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 14:08:36 +0200

Hi Robert,

I can confirm that I do hear you. The last beacon was not so strong but
I got the correct longitude on the screen (07948.71W) and that matches
your reported position. I have had issues with the server here, scanning
is very broken at the moment. It will not switch the mode in fldigi as I
have set it to do and using 1.4.9 it doesn't work at all (memory
scanning is broken in the server). So I now switched off scanning and
will leave it on 14111 in PSK250 for a while. Actually that last beacon
was the first I was ready to receive as its been fixed in PSK500R
before.

Well, my interpretation of the 300 baud rule in the US is that they
really wanted to limit the used bandwidth. At the time there were only
FSK modes and baud rate follows bandwidth very nicely. So they limited
baud rate to keep the width down, they really should have limited the
bandwidth instead as 2,4,8,16-PSK or even QAM changes everything. One
position change can mean several bytes transfered.

73 de Per