[pskmail] Re: Fldigi

  • From: Ed <autek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 08:34:51 -0500

Rich Hudgins wrote:
Has anyone tried to use Fldigi by itself on regular psk31 stations?  I
have tried it several times and could not decode any of the signals at
all.  it seems to work just fine with itself, but not another station
running some other program.  I tried to install the newist version of
fldigi  1.23 and it would not run on the version of mandriva I have
loaded.  2007_1_1 ...
Rich Hudgins
n5ale

I use fldigi on a regular basis as a stand-alone in several digital modes including RTTY. This is probably one of the best apps I have used, including offerings from MS. One of the alpha testers uses Mandriva but I'm not sure if its 2007 or 2006.

I agree with Rein, I think you either need to rename the mailserver/client or put the executable for fldigi in the mailserver folder and run it from there when you want to make use of the mailserver/client.

Dave specifically addresses this issue on the fldigi homepage and IIRC also in the help files.

If you need any help setting up fldigi as a stand-alone please feel free to ask, I'll try to help the best I can. 73

Ed W3NR

fldigi Alpha tester for Debian