[projectaon] Re: Update Illustrations for LW 3-8

  • From: "Jonathan Blake" <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 09:16:09 -0700

On 5/21/06, Thomas Wolmer <angantyr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Note that not only the illustration filenames and dimensions are
bringing it up to date with the latest and greatest in our DTD and XSL
stylesheet. (When will we dump the DTD and start using an XML schema
instead? :-)

My thought has been that we will maintain a complementary DTD and schema pair where the schema would go where the DTD could not. I haven't done comparisons, but I believe validation is less time consuming than testing a document against a schema, so validation against a DTD would be more convenient to use as a quick sanity check.