[projectaon] Re: Mass Errata Listing

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 10:15:15 +0000

On 11/02/2010 05:32, Jonathan Blake wrote:
On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 2:11 PM, David Davis<feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
To be honest, the sense in which Joe Dever used the word sounds entirely
natural to me and I would imagine it did to Dever too, as neither of us had
checked with the OED to find out that it was "wrong".

I would feel better about changing this if the "composed" suggestion
sounded more natural. Any other ideas?

(The "composed" solution was just me fudging a solution; the important thing was to look at the use of 'comprised'.)

I think a couple of solutions were proposed earlier? One of "constituted", "made up", "were part of", or something similar. Personally, I prefer "constituted".

Also, while we're on the subject, the above fix would also fix the following:

BOOK 25:
(er)    The Story So Far:       which comprise of -> which comprise OR which
are comprised of
["Rimoah informed you that Gazad Helkona is occupied by Xaol and his cohorts, which comprise of Hammerland bandits and remnants of the army of Darklord Chlanzor, the former ruler of this city-fortress."]

And just to muddy the waters even more with this post, do you still think the dashes should be converted to commas in Book 20, Jon? If so, I have some spare time today and can get those done if it's worth it; I would hate to have to reverse them all later, though. ;-) <http://www.projectaon.org/en/Errata/TheCurseOfNaar>