[projectaon] Re: Grey Star action chart

  • From: John TFS <johntfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 16:50:11 +0000

In terms of the Staff/Willpower question, Grey Star doesn't use his Staff as a
simple Quarterstaff, think of it more like a deadly magical Taser.  He uses
Willpower to infuse it with magical energy and releases that energy into an
opponent when he strikes them with the staff.  The more energy he puts in, the
more damage he does.  Unless, of course, they're skilled enough to deflect the
staff away (Grey Star does 0 damage during a Close Combat exchange).  If GS
doesn't have Willpower, his Combat Skill is reduced by 6 points to reflect the
fact that without powering his Staff with magic, he kind of sucks at regular
combat.

As for the Jeweled Knife Special Item, I tend to fanwank that it fits onto the
Staff and transforms it into a kind of Spear, letting GS blast and cut his
opponents, thus slightly increasing his CS.