[projectaon] Re: Grey Star action chart

  • From: Benjamin I Krefetz <krefetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 23:58:19 -0400 (EDT)

I've always treated it as, in order to use your staff as a magical weapon and thereby not take the CS hit, you must expend at least one Willpower point per round. Otherwise you can use your staff as a non-magical weapon but you take a -6 modifier on your CS.

Ben

On Thu, 5 Sep 2013, Eric Zollman wrote:

Hello all!

Well I have finally, FINALLY, gotten my internet access back! And it feels like I'm starting to claw my way back out of the financial hole I've been in since losing my last job. I did manage to keep my house, so thats a good thing...

Anyway, I've started looking at doing an action chart for the four Grey Star books and I've noticed that the rules seem to be a bit more complex than the LW books, and I have a quick question. When using your staff are you forced to use at lease one willpower point? That seems kind of odd to me. Since the willpower points multiply the damage done to your enemy using just one point really does nothing at all. So it just seems strange to force the use of a point when you don't gain anything from it.

As of now I've just skimmed over the rules and started thinking of the best way to code some of the combat situations. Is there something obvious that I've overlooked?

-Eric Zollman