RE: what is Hex?

  • From: "Macarty, Jay {PBSG}" <Jay.Macarty@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:53:43 -0600

Man, this thread is making me feel old!! When I hear people asking what hex is
and about "studying" it in school, I think about the days when we had to be
able to read it in memory dumps and perform math against it to calculate
offsets for program instructions. :) And then there were the old HP 3000
machines which used octal in their dumps.