Re: what is Hex?

  • From: "Ian D. Nichols" <inich@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 16:37:49 -0500

Hi,

To add a little more to this topic, for the general inlightenment of those who don't already know:

In Intel assembly language, a hexadecimal number must have an "h" at the end, an octal number must end with a "o", and a binary number with a "b". Without any of these, the assembler assumes the number is decinal. Further, a hexadecimal number that begins with any of the digits "a" to "F" must begin with a zero as well as ending with an "h", otherwise the assembler tries to interpret it as a label or variable.

All the best,

Ian

Ian D. Nichols,
Toronto, Canada