Re: thread.sleep() for c++?

  • From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 14:22:18 -0300

Agreed. I would concider native functionality in c++ those found in
the stl, plus stuff on the C library, as file management functions
like fopen and such. Anything out of the stl and the C library can not
be concidered native. I however should have replied to his message the
following way:
Threads are not still supported natively in c++, so you will have
either to use the specific operating system functions to use threads,
or download a good portable library which will do it for you, like the
boosts one or the zThreads one.
btw, I think the boosts site confusing, I am not able to find
documentation. Could you find the documentation easily and in an
accessible format?
Marlon

2008/2/16, Ken Perry <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> True and false though.  You said it doesn't have a built in library which I
> would say is true.  Of course if we went by that standard though perl
> doesn't do anything at all because the way its libraries loads is only when
> you request them and there are no built in ones really.  I mean you can say
> that C++ doesn't have a built in library to handle Neural networks either
> but there is only about 100 good libraries to do this in c++ in the first
> 100 libraries searched out on google so I just don't like the idea of built
> in libraries in c++
>
> Ken

free."
Linus Torvalds