Re: thread.sleep() for c++?

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 02:06:24 -0500

I use thread.sleep() and a counter in java to run a for loop as many times as seconds that the user asked the timer to run for. At the end I print the character \007 which makes the pc speaker beep, I guess it is the Unicode bell character. I want to convert this program to c++ for Windows so I can use the beep() function of c++ but am much better in java than c++ so, even better than converting to c++, was wondering if there is a way of accessing the pc speaker with a function in java and, like the c++ one, passing it a frequency in hertz and a duration and having the pc speaker sound at that frequency and for that duration. So basically I either want to use a function similar to thread.sleep but for c++, coding for Windows, or (even better) have access to the pc speaker through java and be able to pass a frequency and duration for a tone in java.

Have a great day,