Re: thread.sleep() for c++?

  • From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 01:55:48 -0300

Hello,
Well, C or c++ doesn't present a built in library to manage threads.
This means you will need to access the operating system native
functions to manage them, and this is different in each OS. There are
OS that even don't support threads, so if you are using one of them
you will have to figure how to simulate it, although modern operating
systems like windows and most ports of unix for most part of platforms
have it. If you can give more dtails we can provide help on how to do
it.
About the beep function, where was one in borland turbo c++ for DOS,
long time ago. I don't know if it still works, but it shouldn't be
hard to build one ...
Marlon

2008/2/15, Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>:
> I have a java timer that I made out of bordum.  It uses
> thread.sleep() to run for the input time.  I really want to use
> the pc speaker and the beep() function in c++.  Is there a method
> I can call in a c++ program similar to Java's thread.sleep()?
> Even better, is there some way of using a method like beep() in
> Java?
>
> Have a great day,
> Alex

free."