Re: mission statement, was...Re: Freedom Scientific's Lawyers Strike Again

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 08:49:11 +0300

The stakeholders are not only the consumers, but all the persons that have an interest in the company, the shareholders, the board of directors, the administration council, and others.

And I don't think the mission of a company has anything to do with the state or the department of justice.

Read some more about the mission statement at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_statement

They say that
"A mission statement is a brief statement of the purpose of a company, religious group or organization. Companies sometimes use their mission statement as an advertising slogan, but the intention of a mission statement is to keep members and users aware of the organization's purpose. In the case of public commercial companies, the primary purpose must always be to uphold the interests of shareholders, whatever the mission statement."

So "the primary purpose must always be to uphold the interests of shareholders", not to make the company's employees to solve all the consumers needs and requests.

And by the way, the mission has no importance here, because we should talk not about the interests of the company as a group, but about the interests of the directors of the company. The directors fight not for a mission, but for a bigger salary, and for needing to make as little effort as possible for earning it. That means efficiency in terms of effort of making money compared with the results, and I think it is obviously that it would be much easier for the directors of any company to be a monopoly, to not have any competition that could steal their customers, so it is normal that they want to make a little effort of stopping the competition if the laws allows them.

FS is not worse than other companies. Maybe if the directors of GW Micro would work for FS, they would have done the same thing, but just because they aren't in that position for the moment, they can say very easy that they can't do such a thing.

Exactly because of this reason, it was very easy for the guys that wrote the bible to say that it is very hard to believe that the rich men will reach the heaven, but the poor guys will surely be there. The poor guys are good because they don't have the power of doing bad things, but I think it is obviously that not all of them are really good and they will remain the same even if they become reach.

Octavian

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Engebretson" <davide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>