mission statement, was...Re: Freedom Scientific's Lawyers Strike Again

  • From: "David Engebretson" <davide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:37:57 -0700

That might be a main scope of the stakeholders, but not necessarily a company. Look at their mission statement. That is where their main scope is, or at least it should be from a business prospective.

I think this is the mission statement:
"To develop, manufacture, and market technology-based products that provide equal access to information and computing for those with vision impairments or learning disabilities." (I found this on the 'about us' page from their main webpage.

Modern business's work towards their mission. If their mission is comprimized by a patent infringement then they will do what they can to protect their mission.

It may be an emotional issue for some of you, but I'm sure the objective is to keep the company in a position to continue with their mission statement.

Let's move on to programming related issues, a?

Cheers,
David