RE: Windows Accessible Remote Access?

  • From: "Rodney Haynie" <rhaynie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 18:12:45 -0500

Jeff, I use JAWS for remoting into my work box quite frequently.  I
absolutely always have to shutdown JAWS and restart it after I remote into
the box.  Then JAWS comes up in remote mode, and the "tunnel" sounds stop
and JAWS sounds just fine.
If I disconnect (not log-off) and log back in a little later, JAWS still
sounds just fine because it is still running in remote mode.
As for the keystrokes, try running your remote window maximized.  Alt + F4
and Windows M will work for you then.

HTH.
-Rodney

On 2011-01-07, at 7:15 AM, Homme, James wrote:

> Hi Kerneels,
> Window-eyes and JAWS do this. I'm unsure if other screen readers do. I
know that NVDA doesn't do it. I don't have experience doing this with
Window-eyes. With JAWS, you have to install JAWS on the server. You can
install it without video hooks if you know you won't be physically at the
server. You have to install it on every server you will be remoting to.

> If this works out for you, I'd be glad to give you more details about how
I like to work with it and so on.

> Thanks.
>
> Jim
>
> Jim Homme,
> Usability Services,
> Phone: 412-544-1810. Skype: jim.homme
> Internal recipients,  Read my accessibility blog. Discuss accessibility
here. Accessibility Wiki: Breaking news and accessibility advice