Re: Windows Accessible Remote Access?

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 07:32:54 +0000

Hi all.
For JAWS, you need JAWS Professional, plus the Terminal Services option enabled on your license, which is an additional $200 on top of your JAWS Professional purchase. For Window-Eyes, Terminal Services access is completely free, even in the demonstration copy,. I also believe Dolphin's line of products support Terminal Services. I also know of Cobra supporting it, but as yet haven't got it to work.
Take care.

Chris Hallsworth
You can contact me at the following channels:
E-mail and Facebook: challsworth2@xxxxxxx
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

On 07/01/2011 07:15, Kerneels Roos wrote:
Hi list,
Currently, what would be the best way to obtain speech and Braille
output when accessing a remote server via the standard graphical remote
terminal clients such as Terminal Services, Remote Desktop Sharing, VNC
and others?
I'm investigating potential work that would require this type of remote
access, and last time I had to do this kind of thing I was able to only
use ZoomText -- now I need speech.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Kerneels