Re: MySQL Won't Start On Windows

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 12:57:55 -0700

O, boy, James, I just had similar problems. So, let's see--what did I do?

1st, I had several installations such as wamp & xampp & foxserve, all
w/my sql. I finally decided on xampp & uninstalled all others. I next
discovered real quick that winMySqlAdmin did not work & got it out of
my startup group. Seems I was able to get things going after that. U
also need to make sure your firewall isn't blocking your MySql
listening port. Create an exception if need be.

Even though the error messages are noteably unhelpful, if these steps
don't work for u, include it in your post so folks can have a
look-see.

On 5/12/08, james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
> In Windows, when I go to Control Panel > Services and attempt to start the
> MYSql service, it won't start, but the error message is not very helpful.
> Where can I go in Windows to get more information about what might have
> caused the problem. I also tried the same thing using the sc command line
> utility and it said something like error 2, pending.
>
> Thanks for any and all help.
>
> Jim
>
> James D Homme, , Usability Engineering, Highmark Inc.,
> james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810
>
> "it is only possible to live happily ever after on a day-to-day basis." --
> Margaret Bonnano
>
> Highmark internal only: Consider Usability Engineering On Your Next Project
> or release. http://highwire.highmark.com/sites/iwov/hwt093/

Jackie McBride
& Check out my homepage at:
www.abletec.serverheaven.net