Re: Beginner Programmer

  • From: Trouble <trouble1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 11:36:00 -0500

Like I told you before. All our web apps are installed to the work station. The lag time on server usage can crash a complete call center, so that is over 500 going down at once. That server is not on site, it's in another state, and our data bases are in every state. So that is another hit on lag time. i really can write a book on how crappy production web apps are. The biggest point is maintenance. When its not on site it can take hours to get fixed witch can costs tens of thousands to millions. When its a regular app on the work station. If it goes out that is the only one that goes out not everyone, and fixing it takes hardly any time on site.

Tim
trouble
Verizon FIOS support tech
--Sam Brown