[phoenixdiy] Re: Yet another steadicam gimbal

  • From: Becky Stern <becky.stern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenixdiy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 11:22:07 -0500

Cool project Tho! I scheduled it to go up on the MAKE site if you
don't mind! The list is quiet partially because Matt Mets and I moved
away. We'd love somebody to take over managing this list and the blog
(but I don't mind continuing to host the site). Please continue to
share your projects!

Becky

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 4:11 AM, tho at godaddy <blahx3@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My camera is pretty light, and the distance between the pivot and the arm is
> pretty short, so it was just slightly bottom heavy.  I had to add a little
> bit of weight to the top (above the pivot point) so the pivot can be close
> to the center of gravity.
>
> *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
> tho x. bui
> blahx3@xxxxxxxxxxx
> http://thoxbui.com
> On Jan 4, 2010, at 1:28 AM, Bobby Metz wrote:
>
> Is the wood frame your only counterweight?  Or do you add a light weight to
> the bottom platform?
>
> Bobby

You've received this message via Phoenix DIY:
http://sternlab.org/phoenixdiy
phoenixdiy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you're a maker, hacker, or crafter in the Phoenix metro area, join us for
our monthly meetings!

To unsubscribe or edit your subscription settings, please visit:
//www.freelists.org/list/phoenixdiy