[phoenixdiy] Re: Yet another steadicam gimbal

  • From: tho at godaddy <blahx3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenixdiy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 02:11:51 -0700

My camera is pretty light, and the distance between the pivot and the arm is pretty short, so it was just slightly bottom heavy. I had to add a little bit of weight to the top (above the pivot point) so the pivot can be close to the center of gravity.

tho x. bui
blahx3@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://thoxbui.com

On Jan 4, 2010, at 1:28 AM, Bobby Metz wrote:

Is the wood frame your only counterweight? Or do you add a light weight to the bottom platform?

Bobby