[phoenixchoralesc] Re: grant proposal first stab

  • From: Deirdre McClure <dmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "phoenixchoralesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <phoenixchoralesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 15:11:09 -0400

Ok.

How about this:

We use Russ' lawyer now. Linda and he work on it together, instead of serially
as we discussed on Wed. Linda, how would you feel about that?

We add a section to the grant for ongoing administrative support, 10k. That
will be part of the fee we pay to the lawyer. (We're on the hook for that $$ if
the grant does not come through.) He would have to wait to get paid until
afterwards, which is a risk for him.

Russ, could you ask your lawyer friend if he has time to do this right now? And
how long would it take for him to do it?

I wish I were a lawyer so I could do it!!

Thanks, Rory, for the intel.

Deirdre

On Aug 9, 2015, at 2:06 PM, roryphoenix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Deirdre,

My friend says the most important constraint is not how much money we are
seeking -- it's whether or not we are 501c3. It's clear he won't go beyond
that, so we just need to get that status FAST.
Rory

On Sat, 8 Aug 2015 22:34:36 -0400, Deirdre McClure <dmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Ok, thanks.

Deirdre

On Aug 8, 2015, at 9:04 PM, roryphoenix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
This is good. I fixed the typos, but removed the paragraph seeking
funding to achieve the 501c3, since my friend made it clear there could
be no grant/gift until we attained that status. I lowered the total to
$175,000. I sent it off to him with some words about wanting his
reaction, making it clear this is just a dry run trying to gauge his
reaction. > Rory
On Fri, 07 Aug 2015 10:17:03 -0400, Deirdre McClure
<dmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
thoughts?
This is a rough draft. > > >