[phoenixchoralesc] Re: draft

  • From: Deirdre McClure <dmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "phoenixchoralesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <phoenixchoralesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 10:40:28 -0400

Thank you to all who sent thoughts about this.

So...it was not until last Thursday's meeting that I got on board with the
concert. I have now been thinking about repertoire for that concert and will
begin working in earnest on that this Thursday in rehearsal. I think we should
sing a set of 6 or so songs, sung 2 or three times to fill 45 minutes, similar
to the MLK breakfast.

In the email, I don't think it would be wise to discuss our smaller head count.
We are beginning a new recruiting push with posters and I think that will
increase the numbers. And it's true we have been so focused on bylaws, etc., we
haven't been doing much steering of the ship. (That's why we will have
committees!)

I do think we should announce the concert via email (in an excited tone) and I
think we can do this with 9 or 20.

Margaret, the only edit I would make is to delete the words "most likely"
because that makes it seem somewhat vague.

Thanks everyone!

Deirdre
Sent from my iPad

On Sep 29, 2015, at 8:02 AM, Margaret L. Merrill <mloringme@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Please send edits, feedback, thoughts - SOON!
Margaret

Greetings,

Calling all singers - in the long term - we have a concert planned for March
to raise funds for Immigrant Legal Advocacy Project (ILAP). In the short
term, a concert is being put on the calendar for Saturday, November 21, most
likely to be held at Skillins in Falmouth.
Knowing who is able to commit to regular attendance and availability for our
performances is key to our planning and moving forward. Understandably we all
have Thursdays when other aspects of life takes precedence, but if those able
and willing to commit to a November 21 concert can speak up, it will help
inform and guide us as plans are put into place.

Thank you.

Best,

The Board of Directors & the Artistic Director