[phoenixchoralesc] Re: Defining key elements

  • From: Russ Glidden <freestyle04098@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "phoenixchoralesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <phoenixchoralesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 18:42:05 -0400

good evening all,
my input;
If you are serving on a board....any board.....you are there because someone
felt that you can contribute to the growth of the organization ....bringing to
the table your talent, education and real life experiences.....and in many
instances you are paid to serve....I would find it somewhat difficult to
require them to paid dues to serve on my board...
Quite frankly, if this is becoming such an issue, then I would look for
direction from the attorney...

Russ
I feel that it is an honor to serve the board and paying dues is not a
problem....but..

From: mloringme@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [phoenixchoralesc] Defining key elements
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 16:02:16 -0400
To: phoenixchoralesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Greetings,
Some great ideas being shared regarding membership, definitions, and status. I
think we need to come to a consensus or at least a majority before moving on.
We have heard from most but need the input of Russ and Fernando to move ahead
with this.

Recap (as I understand it…)Singing Members - pay dues & voting rights
Supporting Members - pay dues but not always or ever sing & voting rights
Friends of Phoenix Chorale- non-singing, non- dues-paying & no voting rights -
help out in ways other than financially
Board members - Singing Members, Supporting Members, and Friends of PC

This is my understanding from the emails. Please correct me if I’ve got
something wrong.
Russ & Fernando - thoughts?
Cheers,
MargaretBrush - Merrill CottagePoor House CoveSouth Bristol, ME
PS - Hope to get you all up here sometime for a retreat. M