[phoenixchoralesc] a number of things...

  • From: roryphoenix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: phoenixchoralesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 00:09:12 -0400

Deirdre:
You were going to coalesce everyone's input for the bylaws and produce a
document summarizing everyone's suggestions. Can you say when that will be
finished?

Russ:
As far as I can tell, THESE TWO THINGS ARE NOT RELATED: 1. are you on a member
of the Board?, and 2. do you pay dues?
Members who pay dues get to vote on who serves on the Board.
Board members get to vote at board meetings where executive decisions are made.
Board members may or not pay dues and dues-paying members may or may not serve
on the Board. They're not related.
Am I missing something?

All:
Tonight's rehearsal was fun even though there were only nine singers. At lease
three who showed up are "new" people who were not with us until the summer,
which was great. The fact that one of these (Eric) is a tenor was wonderful.
Even better -- we collected $100.00 in dues.
I gotta admit though that it was disappointing that only one out of six Board
members showed up. I worry about the impression such a light turn-out may have
on the new ones. Anyway, I will miss our final rehearsal -- Amber and I will be
in Chicago visiting my mom/her grandmother. I hope some of you folks will be
able to attend in our stead.

Vocally yours,

Rory