[phoenix-project] online phoenix

  • From: Arani Chakravarti <arani_chakravarti@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenix-project@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 10:14:10 +0000 (GMT)

Dear All,

 I think one of the most important uses of the web-based effort would
 be to teach people how to do the same with their own lab set-up, i.e.
 the CGI or other programmes, etc. I had a Ph.D. student who was a
 school teacher (he is with us now). He could not come to the lab every
 day. The web-based approach would allow him to use his slow dial-up
 connection from his home to check the status of the run and vary
 parameters (temperature, closeness of data points, etc.) from time
 to time. This then becomes an enabling technology which opens up
 lab experimentation to people who are far away. Collaborators can
 also participate in such experiments from different locations. I request
 Ajith to make the code available on-line and to write a tutorial on
 this; I know he is very busy, but please ..

 Arani