[phoenix-project] Re: online phoenix

  • From: "Sasidharan vk" <vksasidharan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Arani Chakravarti" <arani_chakravarti@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:21:25 +0530

Still I differ.  Why at all should we go for a web based Phoenix when we
have the real gadget with us?

My point is:

There are two types of people.  1. Those who have Phoenix with them. and 2.
Those who do not have Phoenix with them.  Let us forget the first type as
they can REALLY DO the experiments in real time environment.  The second
type have either just seen or used the gadget once or twice but have no
access to learn it or they have not even seen one but just heard or read
about it.  I think the web Phoenix is for them.

Now, if it is for them, they should get all the options and controls as one
gets while using the real gadget.  (to the maximum extend possible)

Does it matter whether the experiment is really done somewhere?  Absolutely
NO.  At any rate, the usere cannot construct a paper capacitor of his choice
and experiment with it.  Instead, we can give him an environment where he
can INSERT a capacitor in a socket by clicking and dragging from a pannel of
components and vary the capacitance using a slider or so.  This is something
similar to what we do while using ktechlab where we can observe results
after doing the experiments in a simulated environment.
vks