Re: [PCWorks] Is it still risky to use the Preview Pane?

  • From: "Jeff Dougherty" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 20:51:15 -0500

I have never gotten infected either, but I've received a lot of infected
emails, but knew off
the bat not to open the attachments.
The big one recently were the PDF files.
I scanned them with several anti-vir*s software and none picked them up.
For added security, I have Outlook set to convert all mail to plain text. If it
looks
suspicious, I'm not affected simply by previewing it.
Jeff Dougherty, MST
Intrepid TV Repair
Steelton PA 17113