Re: [PCWorks] Is it still risky to use the Preview Pane?

  • From: "Jeff Dougherty" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 21:37:42 -0500

I don't remember the hot keys any more. I think that was when I was using
Outlook Express. I
use Office Outlook now. When viewing in plain text, you can click right above
the headers to
change to HTML.

Jeff Dougherty, MST
Intrepid TV Repair
Steelton PA 17113
From: "Dale E. Heltzer"

Long ago, it was recommended to turn off the Preview Pane in MS
Outlook,
because this was a point of access for bad guys to get malware
on your
computer.

Wwwwith a reasonably updated firewall/antivirus system, is it
still
better to have Preview turned off?

Thanks.