Re: [PCWorks] Is it still risky to use the Preview Pane?

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin-OrpheusComputing.com & ComputersCustomBuilt.com" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 09:22:34 -0500

You could turn off HTML formatting, view messages in plaint
text format only.  Then if something is sent to you in HTML
format you can hit a key and set (OE) back to HTML format
viewing.  I don't recall what that key is now, Jeff knows.  I
just tried ctrl + H and screwed mine up.  So that ain't it.
LOL.

I get hundreds of emails a day and I've always used the preview
pane, and I never gotten any malware infections from emails
even though I RECEIVE them with malware in them all the time.
KIS7 blocks them all, KAV before that.  I've always used two
firewalls and AV software both updated all the time.  That's a
hardware router FireWall, Sygate Pro software FW and now KIS7
which is both AV and a FW.  IE and OE are also max'd out to
their limit for security settings.  (KIS is Kaspersky Internet
Security 7 and KAV is Kaspersky AntiVirus).
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://www.OrpheusComputing.com