Re: [PCWorks] Imaging and backing up an HD

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin-OrpheusComputing.com & ComputersCustomBuilt.com" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 11:05:23 -0600

Has anyone tried that proprietary Maxtor/Seagate Acronis
download with other HD brands?  Seems like there may be a way
you could hack it to get it to work with HD's from WD, IBM,
Hitachi, etc.

Unfortunately the downloads are not "packed" which means they
cannot be "extracted" where you can analyze the contents and
then maybe edit a .sys, .inf, .ini, or OEM file.  So it would
be harder.  Could be a special key in the Registry that could
be changed.
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://www.OrpheusComputing.com
http://www.ComputersCustomBuilt.com

From: "LarryB"

Does anyone know of a good program to do this? I prefer to pay
a reasonable price to image more than one computer. Not $50 for
each.
thanks
--
LarryB