Re: [PCWorks] Imaging and backing up an HD

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin-OrpheusComputing.com & ComputersCustomBuilt.com" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 19:30:56 -0600

I've tried 2.  Ghost and Drive Image Pro (an older version),
and I never could get it to work properly.  Ghost works pretty
good, and it was an older version of it too.  I have v10 but
haven't used it yet.  I've heard the backup software by Acronis
is decent.

Look at this:
http://www.theinquirer.net/en/inquirer/news/2007/05/22/one-of-the-best-hdd-utilities-is-free
 .
But it apparently will only work with Maxtor or Seagate HD's
(Seagate owns Maxtor now).  Be prepared for a marathon for
those on dial-up, it's over 100mb. (2 minutes 41 sec. for me,
hee hee ;-)  Thank God for DSL).  I don't know why WD hasn't
gotten in on this.

Here's another link on it.
http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/07/28/get-acronis-true-image-for-free/

I'm sure you could do some searches for test results and
reviews for backup software and find out some good info.

Whatever you try or use, BE SURE you test it and test and test
it!!  Sometimes these things work, sometimes they don't.
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://www.OrpheusComputing.com